What is a tire speed rating and why does it matter?
The tire speed rating indicates the maximum speed at which a motorcycle can be driven for sustained periods of time. Your motorcycle should have specific speed rated tires that are recommended and you should try and buy the motorcycle manufacturer recommended speed rated tires.
- J – Up to 62 mph (100 km/h)
- N – Up to 87 mph (140 km/h)
- P- Up to 93 mph (150 km/h)
- S – Up to 112 mph (180 km/h)
- H – Up to 130 mph (210 km/h)
- V – (with service description) Up to 149 mph (240 km/h)
- W – Up to 168 mph (270 km/h)
- Z – (with service description) Over 149 mph (240 km/h)